The canvas was pretty thick, so I used a thinner canvas that was laying around for the strap. Also in the works at about the same time was yet another whip. I'm still experimenting with different core and handle materials for the paracord whips, but this combo seemed to work quite well. A section of golf club handle was used for the handle, and since it worked so well last time I used more of the rolled canvas for the tapered core. The handle starts at 12 strands and it tapers down to 6 at the end. The thong, or braided portion, is about 66" long and the entire whip is right at 7 feet.
I've been playing with some different designs for wallets, and for these two I made the outer leather, for lack of a better word, veined.
Last but not least, it was time for me to improve the cargo hauling capabilities of my commuter bike. I've got a bag for daily use, but it's nearly always filled with my regular gear and there's not much room for things picked up from the store or found on the side of the road. Some simple panniers were called for, but I wanted to be able to roll them up when they weren't in use. This is what I ended up making.