Sunday, March 11, 2012

Recent leather work

Here are a few things I've been working on in the last couple of months. First up is my current belt, which features the buckle I made and is reversible:
Mini wallets. A couple of slots for cards on one side and one larger, expandable pocket on the other. I tried these out in a few different leathers, veg tanned, chrome tanned and ostrich, but the ostrich is too thin to be practical:


This next card wallet was originally a commission but the client flaked out on me. I liked the design enough that I made it anyway:

 This last bifold is from a design I drew up months ago, just for fun, and is an octopus-rose. The interior is a shiny navy blue calf skin, and I'm very curious to see how it's going to hold up. It may be that this particular leather will only be suitable for lining, as I'm not sure how tough it is.



No comments: