Sunday, May 12, 2013

An announcement

As of today, I will no longer be taking orders for work. My waiting list has gotten to an unreasonable length, considering that I only have nights and weekends to dedicate to it, and every little job that I take on just means that people in the queue have to wait that much longer. Also, I think I've been scaring potential clients off with the wait time, so it's time to focus just on working through the commissions that have been patiently waiting. Once I've worked through a good chunk of the waiting list, I'll start taking orders again.
In addition, I need to put all tooling-intensive projects on hold, which means belts, guitar straps, and anything that involves hours of tooling. I've managed to give my right elbow an overuse injury and it needs some time to recover, before I make it worse. I really hate to do this, because this means putting the majority of the waiting list on indefinite hold, but this should only be a temporary situation. There's plenty of drawing I can do in the meantime, and I'm still going to finish up anything where they've already paid or I have something to repair. This also gives me some time to fine-tune patterns, evaluate prices, and I'll still be working on jobs that aren't as likely to re-injure my elbow. In the meantime, there are plenty of items available in my Etsy store.

No comments: