Friday, February 24, 2012

New painting!

I was recently approached by a local brewery about creating an illustration for one of their seasonal brews. This brewery, and especially this particular beer, are some of my favorites, so I jumped at the opportunity to create some art for packaging. I thought it would be a good idea to take some progress photos of the work, and due to the fast-approaching deadline, it's also a good way for the art director to see that I'm not slacking. It's been a couple of years since I've painted anything, and it feels good to have a brush in my fingers again.

Disclaimer - posting of photos is not necessarily an indication that the particular step is complete, and colors are not true to life.

Full-size drawing taped to the board:

The temporary painting space. It's been so long since i painted that I never bothered to set up a space in my house for it:

Transferred drawing on the board.
Outlined in black, just to keep shapes visible and so I can erase all that graphite:

 Progress on the night sky:








No comments: